Back again!

Oh my, such a long time has passed by since my last blog post. And of course a lot of things happened. I finished a lot of quilt projects, learned a lot and spent some time at quilt shows. And I lost the interest in my blog. Maybe it was the lack of time, maybe it was difficult times at my job that ate up all my energy.
But now I am back, I changed some things at my job, and try to get more organized, to find some time during the week to spend with my hobbies: quilting, tatting, and my newest baby, zentangle.
 And I want to share my adventures and experiences with you again in my blog.

As a matter of fact I like sewing and quilting more than writing long posts about it. But I try my very best (lol).
 I have been playing around a lot with fabrics during my blogging break and I learned a lot.

Let me give you a little retrospect of some of the projects that came to life during the last three years:










 A bundle of charm squares of "Comma" by Zen Chic" wanted to be pieced into a table runner and a couple of  placemats. I loved very much playing around with the freemotion quilting.




"Happy Cuzco" was a project I enjoyed very much. I used a pattern from the book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" by Pamela and Nicky Lintott which came together really fast.



Then I immediately fell in love with these beautiful Indian cotton fabrics. And "Indian Spice Market" was born as my favorite summer quilt, because it is so soft and lightweight.


Baumi's farewell quilt

Thiemo's quilt

Simply Stars

Flying with Kaffe
2015 was a very busy year for me. It was the year when my boss retired in summer and I decided to make a farewell quilt for him. Almost all of the colleagues gave a piece of fabric for this project and I made a scrappy Fibonacci quilt. Completely crazy! But Baumi adores his Fibonacci!
Then I made a quilt for the foster child of very close friends of us. I am so happy that the little boy, Thiemo, loves his quilt passionately.
The next one is my star sampler which still is waiting in the quilt frame to be finished. It's only a few stitches left but .... why is there always something more interesting???
And last: M first expedition into the jungle of Flying Geese, lol. I was sooo afraid of Flying Geese, I really can't imagine, why. After I had finished this quilt top, I was hooked to Flying Geese. And I had finished a project on my list. I had wanted to make a quilt entirely of Kaffe Fasset fabrics (check!) and a quilt with Flying Geese (check!).





2015 was also the year of the mug rug challenge of my online quilting community. I fell in love with mug rugs. They are great for practicing new techniques, using up scraps, and make great gifts.


A lush Summer


A lush Summer
2016 was such a wonderful summer when I finally made the last stitches at my longtime WIP. This quilt makes me very happy. And Fabrizio, my faithful little furry helper, loves all kinds of quilts anyway.






Kommentare