WiP-Wednesday: Quilt'n Tat in progress

Yeah, today was a big step forward. Now all quilts for my Quilt'n Tat project are finished quilting, and I seem to have made progress in free motion quilting. The last two quilts gave me something to think about, especially the "Quilt'n Tat".

"Quilt'n Tat"
It took me quite some time to come to a conclusion about how to quilt it. Because I'll add tatted elements in the octagons it was clear that these should be quilted only a little to keep the focus on the tatting (which still has to be made till 09/13). Then the colours between the octagons are so lively that they should be allowed to sparkle on their own, so I decided to keep the quilting rather subtle. I'm so happy that it worked out rather nicely (still don't have too close a look, please?)



This is a detail of "Quilt'n Tat". The original design is called "Octablom" with appliquéd little elements in the octagons.

.

The other piece that kept me thinking for a while is this top. It's a panel called "Winter Geisha" I stumbled over in late spring in one of my favorite online quiltshops. "How nice, and what a cool possibility to try out different quilt patterns, and, of course, what a fine thing to add some tatting along one or two "block borders"." These were my thoughts. And ... I had a time problem. So, a panel like this comes just handy. You can sort of fake the piecing (which I did ;-)).


Seven "blocks" for quilting .... yeahh, eeehh, oops? So many? How to quilt them? What shall I do with the subtle patterns in the blocks? Help??? Thanks to Angela Walters great book! It was a great help and inspiration as you can see in the detail photo.

To keep you just up to date about the other two (already finished) Quilt'n Tat project quilts, visit the last posts of my blog :-).

I am soooo looking forward to the tatting exhibition in Achern where I'll show my babies.

Linked to WiP Wednesday





Kommentare

  1. Fabulous quilting on a really great top. I love the pattern and how the white just pops.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much for your nice comment. I like it very much, too ;-). Just wait for the tatting on the white.

      Best wishes

      Ellen

      Löschen
  2. Toll,und Lark ist einfach eine superschöne Stoffserie.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo Susanne, danke für das Kompliment. Ich finde Lark auch einfach super. Jetzt fehlen noch die Occhielemente auf den Oktagonen, aber die muss ich eben machen, wie ich Zeit habe. Das Stückchen darf nächste Woche dann halt als WiP mit auf die Ausstellung. So was sehen die Leute auch immer gerne, wenn man an etwas arbeitet.

      LG,

      Ellen

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen