my current monday morning star count project

Puhh, I must have been crazy, when I decided to go to the International Tatting Exhibition in Achern (close to Baden-Baden/Germany) with a completely new collection. I want to show a combination of quilts and tatting. And as it always happens ... my brain started working faster than my fingers. I hope to get ready with all the quilts in planning until the 14th of September.

Now this is the first idea: a quilt done in EPP following a pattern from Evy Verbeek called "Octablom". I want to make 20 blocks, 7 are finished, leaves 13 to go. Most pieces are already basted and there are only about 20 diamonds left to baste.
When the top is finished I'll appliqué pieces of tatting (also made by myself) to the large octagons.
I'm really curious what it will look like :-).

 
This is one of the finished blocks. The templates are 2" octogon, 2" square and 2" diamond (45°).


And so it looked like this morning when I couldn't resist to lay out the finished blocks on the couch. As you can see the seventh block hadn't been finished yet.

Linked to monday morning star count at life under quilts. Look out for all the other fascinating projects there.

Kommentare

  1. The way you use all of the different shapes together is so interesting. I love your fabric, and am looking forward to seeing this come together.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much. I used a jelly roll from Amy Butler called "Lark". The fabrics are very colourful and make it quite an intriguing adventure to piece the blocks. It's so much fun. Actually I pieced together the seven blocks this evening.

      Löschen
  2. That is really cool. You could reverse it and do an i-spy style hex surrounded by the solid too.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey Lisa, thanks for the great idea! I'll try it as soon as there will be some time left for experimenting.
      For the moment I set myself the end of my vacancies as deadline to get the top of this quilt finished. Let's keep the fingers crossed :-).

      Löschen
  3. Das sieht Super aus. Und ich liebe die katzenfotos aus dem nächsten Post.
    Liebe Grüße grit

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke für die Blumen :-). Jetzt bin ich so motiviert, dass ich kaum warten kann, bis ich weitermachen kann. Quilten ist wirklich suchterzeugend, ... aber wenigstens nicht illegal :-D.
      Jaja, Cheerio und Corona, das sind unsere beiden Herzensbrecher. Eine süßer als die andere, schnurr.

      Löschen
  4. Wow, I love that white octagon! Very strong graphic image.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your design looks great! Something new (at least for me) and very pretty!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I like how you combined the three shapes. Being new to this, it never occurred to me. I'll look forward to seeing the tatting added.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen