going crazy at the MQF

I really wanted to report about my experiences in Aschaffenburg last weekend on monday but then ..., something must have been more important or some pixies decided otherwise. Well, something kept me from telling the news.
I was at the Main Quilt Festival in Aschaffenburg from friday till saturday last weekend and I have to say I was really happy for the air conditioning. Outside the temperatures went up and up - it must have been at least 100°F with a humidity you don't really want to know.
I attended a workshop with Rita Schaffer, a very nice lady and wonderful teacher, who taught me and the other attendants how to do crazy quilts. It was so much fun! We were only four attendants and learned so much from Rita. Thank you, Rita.
Though the little project isn't finished yet - it wants to be embroidered and embellished - I got hooked up and decided to make a little crazy heart for my mother as a birthday gift.

This is the front of my mom's crazy heart. I embroidered it with rayon embroidery floss in various colours.

And this is the back. Because my mom has a tendency of forgetting a lot of things I embroidered all the important details on the back of the little cushion and added a few buttons with crazy cats. My mom loves cats.


Kommentare