my quilt for Birmingham

It was in spring when I was working at my very first quilt, a baby quilt for the little daughter of my colleague and friend Derya, that my wife Julia came up with news. The International Quilt Festival at Birmingham had set up a competition called "my first quilt". We were so happy that there was a competition for beginners that we thought it might be fun to make a quilt for this competition.
I was rather done from the baby quilt with all the triangles that should have fit together more neatly that I could manage and wanted to do something simple. Out came "Octopussy's garden". I quilted it with my household sewing machine using a decorative embroidery stitch.

My very first quilt, the baby quilt for Elif. I used half of a jelly roll and some fat quarters with
little flowers, bugs and bees to make it very colourful and because I didn't know much about quilting quilted it on my sewing machine in the ditch.

My quilt for Birmingham, my first quilt that has been sent in for an exhibition. It is meant to be used as a lap quilt on the couch. Because the colours and designs of the fabrics reminded me of a garden under the sea I named the quilt "Octopussy's garden" and of course, I had to add two octopussies.


Meet "Octo" and "Pussy" who are happily playing in their garden.

Kommentare

  1. Two cute little octopussies :D Ich finde sie immer noch supersüß.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen