Intermezzo with English Paper Piecing 3D





I love English Paper Piecing. There are about a zillion possibilities when you have the templates and the papers. And for me sitting and handstitching has a meditative effect in some kind of a way. Besides there is a great side effect: you don't need many supplies, you can store all you need in a small box, bag or whatever suits you, then take it with you where ever you like and start stitching. It won't take long until somebody will ask you what you are doing and then will admire your work.



This time I  used the adorable ideas of the wonderful book of Hilde Klatt "Zauberhafte Lieseleien" (you can get in on Amazon here) and got totally hooked. Many of the ideas showed in the book are small three dimensional items, some of them are simply beautiful decorative trinkets and others can serve a useful purpose such as a pincushion.  



I fell so deeply in love with the small trinkets that I almost forgot to do the monthly sewing for the Penny Sampler Quilt.




My favorites are the tiny dresden flowers which are provided with a magnet on their back and can be used as magnetic pins. I am planning to make a lot of them for an exhibition in September and because they make so cute little gifts.





Here is a "Magic Star" with a light and a dark side. The seams are stitched with small beads. I made this star for a young student of mine, a girl who suffers from cancer. I hope it will give her nice dreams and brighten up her days. My own star is hanging from the ceiling over my bed and I enjoy very much watching it turn with each draft.



I couldn't resist the bigger dresden plates which make a lovely pincushion and because I had so much fun playing with my scraps and the matrioshkas I created two different sides.





One pincushion definitely is not enough, haha! I am sure there are more to come and I have more than enough beads and scraps to go on with these fun trinkets.




Kommentare